Congratulations to O-CC CEO on accepting a 2019 Project Rising Tide fellowship! Mary will be supporting the City of Adrian on five new projects next year:
- Transforming a recently “greened” former elementary school site to include mixed use/income housing and retail
- Upgrading Adrian existing Dial-A-Ride system to a fixed route system using autonomous vehicles
- Developing a blighted former industrial site on the river and rails to trails site into a mixed use/income area including housing and retail
- Using existing and creating new trail loops, that connect high tech manufacturing and arts campus with the LISD Tech Center/Jackson College campus via bridge
- Working with various projects (industrial, retail, commercial, residential) take advantage of the City of Adrian Opportunity Zone by developing an opportunity fund and working with local stakeholders to find projects an investors from across the country
The mission of the Rising Tide initiative is to provide at-risk communities with the tools they need to design and build a successful economic framework. It supports vibrant, thriving communities to attract business investment and talent by creating a sustainable path toward economic stability and growth.
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Talent Investment Agency, and Michigan State Housing Development Authority–collectively, the Talent and Economic Development (TED) team–have committed their assets to engaging specific communities across the state in order to empower them to shape their future and maximize economic potential. For each of two “rounds” of the program, one community was selected in each of the ten Michigan Prosperity Regions using the following data, cross-matched by population: poverty, unemployment, labor participation, renter occupancy, vacancy, households receiving assistance.
MEDC’s Redevelopment Ready Communities program provided the initial mechanism to develop and support the Rising Tide platform. The communities develop an Action Strategy outlining tasks, ownership, and deliverables to take place over the course of 9-12 months. The TED team, along with a consortium of consultants, support the implementation phase by offering capacity, advice, and expertise from a team of consultants selected for their successful experience with Michigan redevelopment projects. The implementation approach is centered on building capacity within the Rising Tide communities.
Regular project updates will follow. Mary will still be available throughout 2019 for specialized consulting needs. Drop us a line on our Contacts page with inquiries.